Sunday, November 17, 2013

BLIZZARD and BENJI and KARALEE

 I raced home from the photo shoot and through the kids clothes in bags and cleaned the house as quickly as possible.
I was trying to get on the road a decent hour, but because we live in someone's basement I didn't want to leave anything undone.  
Nate finally said, "Lisa, leave now."
There was a blizzard that was suppose to hit the mountains and he didn't want me driving in it.
I drove to Price without a hitch.
When I looked to the mountains at the west as I left Price, I knew I was in trouble.
 
We drove through a blizzard all the way to Utah Valley.
I don't like driving through Spanish Fork canyon anytime, but not at night and not in snow.
You could only see a little ways in front of you.
The lines of the road were covered in snow. 
 
Sierra started make believing.
She said, "I bet the snow witch did this."
We just finished reading The Lion Witch and The Wardrobe together.
She said, "The witch has probably sent her wolves to stop us from going to Disneyland."
I said to appease them we should make an offering.
She said, "Of what?"
I said, "Hmmmm. Maybe baby James."
She said, "No, he is helpless. He couldn't defend himself."
I said, "Then you."
She said, "Why me, why not Madison?
Madison piped up, "Because I am precious."
I had to giggle.
 
Sierra could feel my anxiety.
She started singing the song she sang on Veterans day.
She sang the words over and over again.
Her words didn't just calm me, they brought a beautiful spirit into that vehicle traveling down those icy roads.
I thought of how blessed I am to have her.
How very blessed I am to have each of my children and their sweet tender spirits.
How they strength me and calm me.
I love her dearly.
 
She was my little angel that day.


Sunday the girls discovered Aunt Karalee's collection of Polly Pockets and her dog Marley.
I couldn't get them to leave her apartment.

No comments: