Wednesday, March 10, 2010

ZONED

11:00PM Lights out time for me to go to bed
1:00AM Sierra throws up on her bed
1:30AM Back in bed
2:00AM Fire alarm
2:01AM Sierra comes in our bed terrified. MJ is already in our bed. (I am not sure how she got there. When I went to bed she was in her bed. I have no recollection of her coming in.)
2:30AM Fire alarm goes off. (No, we didn't leave the building. It gets old after you make your way down 19 flights of stairs, a dozen or so times, just because someone burnt toast at 2:00am. You eventually feel like you would rather die by fire than run the gauntlet again. You see, you have to carry two screaming children, their eyes filled with terror, down 19 flights of stairs while the fire alarm buzzes at an ear deafening level. You then have to wait in the bitter cold outside because they don't let you wait in the lobby. It is too crowded and beside the building is on fire, right? Wrong. You have to wait for the firemen to clear the building and reset the elevator and the alarm before you can re-enter. Once the building is cleared everyone is crowding for the elevator, so you have to carry the children back up 19 flights. You are so alert after that much cardio you can't go back to sleep and the night is ruined. One month, last year, the alarm went off every night for a solid week and a couple of other nights during the same month, always between one and three in the morning. After that I stopped caring.)
2:45AM Sierra is finished being consuled and is back in her bed.
5:00AM MJ wakes ups screaming she wants a bottle. (Maybe because she has refused to eat, she is getting more teeth and doesn't want to chew solids.)
6:30AM Nate can't find a clean pair of scrubs, so I had to locate them, which of course woke up MJ.
Then my day started.Yes, Sierra is sick again. Sigh. We can't catch a break. She threw up all day. I just let the girls zone out in front of the television most of the morning. Okay, and the afternoon too. Okay, the television was on from early in the morning till late in the afternoon. But hey, I got most of the house cleaned.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I am so sorry, you really can't seem to catch a break in the sickness department. I hope things clear up quickly for you!

Amanda said...

oh man! I am sorry, except your post made me laugh. I think i would rather die by fire than walk all those stairs too. let me know if i can help you.