Thursday, June 16, 2016

DUCKIES

  Yesterday, Sierra was busy with 4H. We had to take her in and take a test on horses. She read her book for two days straight. She felt like that was a vigilant enough effort. Regardless of my coxing to put more effort into it, she wasn't going to study for one more second. We drove all the way to the fairgrounds. She took the test for five minutes. It was only ten questions long. She thinks she missed half the questions. Sigh. Then we ran home ate with the missionaries and then ran out the door to 4H again. I got pulled over a mile past the stop sign at the end of the road. I got a ticket for $83.00 for failing to come to a complete stop. The cop wasn't behind me. He was driving down the road I was turning onto. He said I didn't even touch my brakes, which was a lie, but he said him and his partner would testify other wise. I kid you not! On a country road. Who does that? Then he said, "Your registration is up by fifteen days, and I could impound your vehicle, but since you have kids with you, I won't." (Nice guy.) I didn't know my registration was expired. Sierra cleaned out my car days earlier and took my proof of insurance out of the car. I have to pay the fine and appear before a judge with proof of insurance. He was unrelenting. I cursed living in a small town. I am still a little upset about it. I came home and sat on the lawn and watched this little girl play with her duckies. I thought, if they have of charged me $83.00 more dollars to live here, would I have paid it. I thought of course. Looking at $83.00 in that light made it not hurt so bad. I still think the cop was being a complete pain but that was his chose and my chose is not to let it completely ruin my day. Look at her beautiful smile. 








No comments: