Saturday, October 15, 2011

BEAUTIFUL DAY

Today was a beautiful day. I forgot to photograph it, so all you get are my words and this cute picture of the fall leaves.

My girls have been wild since they woke up this morning. They have either been screaming, laughing uncontrollably, crying, getting hurt, or teasing and sometimes all five things at the same time. I feel like I have left order and I am now residing in an insane asylum. It has been like this for three days. I had to get out of the house.

I took the girls to MUNCHIES. It is a little hole in the wall restaurant in our little whole in the wall town. It serves hamburgers and fries... I know awesome comfort foods. I sat down and ordered a large guacamole burger and I have to say it was better than a long nap and good book. It was really calming.

Then I took the girls to a state park. Sierra rode her bike around all the trails and Madison followed her in her Diego bike. Then they went and played on the little playground they have there. It wasn't long before they left the playground and started exploring a nearby pond. They started catching small minnows with their bear hands, and when I say they, I mean they. Little Madison was chasing minnows in water up to her knees, while wearing her snow boots. They were both covered in mud and water. They built a little minnow castle from sand on the shore. The castle was complete with walls and a moat. They flooded the moat with water from the pond and then placed their minnow in it. They were laughing and throwing mud at each other when the state park ranger came over and informed me that, and I quote, "High levels of e-coli have been found in that pond. You can let your girls play in there, but I wouldn't recommend it." Great. We went home.

We stopped by at the Sister K's farm. I was glad to see her. It has been too long. We are going to work hard on Monday. I am glad. We are going to do grape jam and strip the tomato plants. Yeah.

No comments: