Monday, December 23, 2013

SNOWGLOBE

She looked so Madison at church.
She picked out her own outfit.
I had to snap a picture.
Getting her to just smile.... is a joke.
 
Her teacher made her the cutest Christmas gift.
She loved it.
It is a snow globe with a picture of her in it.
Too cute.
 
Sunday was so beautiful.
It always is the week before Christmas.
The music and the spirit was so peaceful.
I was happy to be at church.
I am grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
I taught Relief Society, the women's organization of the church.
We talked about covenants.
A lot of my remarks were based on Elder Todd Christofferson's talk, "The Power of Covenants."
What a beautiful treasure.
I don't even recall having heard it. It makes me sad because his words are inspiring.
He, this apostle of Jesus Christ, taught me so much about my covenants.
He made me realize how important these covenants are to me and how much they have blessed my life.
 
One of many quotes that I love from his talk.
We need strong Christians who can persevere against hardship, who can sustain hope through tragedy, who can lift others by their example and their compassion, and who can consistently overcome temptations. We need strong Christians who can make important things happen by their faith and who can defend the truth of Jesus Christ against moral relativism and militant atheism.
What is the source of such moral and spiritual power, and how do we obtain it? The source is God. Our access to that power is through our covenants with Him.
 
To listen to the whole thing, click here.



No comments: