Saturday, November 12, 2016

SIMON's BAPTISM

I can't even begin to say how happy this day made all of us. Nate and I felt so blessed to be apart of it. It is awe inspiring to teach someone the gospel but to have the opportunity to teach a family and watch them all enter the waters of baptism was beyond anything I can express in words. Leslie, Stephanie, Conn, and Simon, I feel blessed to know you. We watched all four of them enter the waters of baptism in a short period of time. Nate had the opportunity to baptize Simon. It was such a sweet experience. 

We were late because it seems like that is what we do lately. We were ready to kill our geese and gut them. Sierra was launching a PETA campaign near the pond. I got a phone call from Leslie and she said, "We are in the room." I said, "What?" "We are in the room, where are you?" I said, "What are you talking about?" She said, "Did you forget it was Simon's baptism?" I was a little hurt, "No, we wouldn't forget. We are so excited. We will be there." She said, "We are in the room."
"Oh, crap. I thought it was at 2:00."
"No, it's now."
PETA won.
We threw on our church clothes on and drove off.
They stalled.
We made it.
We are so glad we did.
It was an amazing experience.
Simon was so ready to take this step. He is going to be an amazing leader not only to his family but to the church and the whole world. He has an extraordinary spiritual depth and a love of God and family which is inspiring. I am so glad I am not a missionaries because I would hate to be transferred out of this families life. I am grateful to get to watch them grow in light.

I got to capture these beautiful pictures of their family. 








No comments: