Tuesday, April 14, 2020

MATH

Of all the subjects I love teaching my children, math is my favorite. I never would have thought that would be the case, but it is. I love watching them excel at it. I love doing Geometry with Sierra in the evenings and I love doing Kindergarten Math with Ashton in the mornings.

Ashton hates to color! He hates it. It takes too much time and he has better things to do. Yesterday, he scribbled all over his math page. I told him I would give him an F- for scribbling. He said, "I don't care if I get an F for coloring, because I get A's on all my other math pages!"

Later, he pinky promised me he would try harder to color better. The next day, he tried. He did make me color some of the 8's and I think James helped him with some of the 9's and 7's. So, he wormed his way out of coloring the whole sheet, but he stepped it up from scribbling. Good Job Ashton! He is a math wiz, all of my children are really good at math.

I remember working so hard in college to pass math. I would double my homework, so I could learn the material and I still barely got a B-. I guess all that work paid off because I am very confident about teaching my children Math.

No comments: