Wednesday, May 7, 2008

CHICKEN FLAUTAS


We had a small Cinco-de-Mayo party today. I made a pinata that didn't set, so I stuffed some candy in some balloons and let the children sit on them to get the candy out. I served chicken flautas and chopped fresh fruit. I have included the recipe. I think it is a great recipe for kids if you substitute the Jack cheese for Mozzarella cheese.

Chicken Flautas by Alissa Ringer

2 Tbs olive oil
1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
Juice of ½ lemon
1 tsp chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste
8-oz chicken breast
4 6-inch flour tortillas
¼ cup sour cream
½ cup shredded jack cheese
2 Tbs vegetable oil

Marinate chicken breast and olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, chili powder, and salt & pepper for one hour in fridge. Then cook the chicken over medium-high heat in a non-stick pan until its done. Let cool and shred. Mix together the chicken, sour cream, jack cheese, and 2 Tbs vegetable oil. Spoon ¼ of this mixture onto each tortilla and roll up. Place flautas on baking sheet, brush with additional oil, and cook for 10 minutes in a pre-heated 400 degree oven. Turn the flautas over and cook and additional 5 minutes.
Here is a clip of my daughter and a friend enjoying a leisurely ride through the house prior to the party.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that it went well. I've been wondering about your pinata. As long as kids get candy in the end I don't think they much care. Love the video! (this is Shelly by the way)

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa,

This is Amber, after dinner tonight I thought I would check out your blog. Very cute. I'm glad your party went well!