Thursday, June 4, 2015

LAST DAY of SCHOOL

 This little girl graduated kindergarten.
She has learned a lot and grown in so many glorious ways.
She always skipped into school and stopped just short of the door and blew me a kiss.
She always ran into my arms and gave me a big hug at the end of the day.
She is phenomenally smart. She loves to read.
She is beautiful and kind and loves playing with boys more than girls.
I loved listening to her talk about her day on the way home.
 
I made it through the year. At times I didn't think I was going to but I did miraculously.
I had to drive to the school three times a day. Ten minutes each way. Three times a day.
Sixty minutes in the car each way. I burned through gasoline like crazy.
I had a baby half way through the year.
The first morning I had to load all four of them into the car I was scared to death.
I did it.
It wasn't that bad.
We enjoyed our new school.
 
Sierra's teach was phenomenal. She inspired her in so many ways. She said by far she was her most improved student ever. She loved her. You could tell. It warmed my heart. I think she may have thought I was a little emotional, I couldn't help cry every time I talked to her. She was just so sweet to Sierra.
 
Madison's teach was a little hard nosed but it didn't seem to bother her. She loved Kindergarten, every minute of it. I thought she was thriving until the last parent teacher conference when her teach said she was concerned because education is a three legged stool and Madison excelled in reading and writing but she couldn't get that third leg, speech. Madison is naturally shy but courageous when she wants to be. Sierra is always getting her to ask the librarian for a specific book or when we run treats to the neighbor Madison is always the one to ring the door bell. I think mostly she was a little scared of her teacher, quite frankly so was I. I think she will get that third leg really quickly next year, if she has a teacher who loves her, like Sierra's teacher does.

We stopped off at Target and pajamas were on sale. Why not? We hang out in them all summer long anyway. Ashton, is probably sad because we didn't get him any poor guy. Seriously, he just wanted me.

No comments: