Friday, June 5, 2015

VISITING MY GREAT-GRANDPARENTS

 I have heard about this trip a lot but have never gone until this year. It was fun to spend time with my Grandma and Grandpa Hair. I loved seeing Stephanie and Aunt Carol.
Auntie Ruthie and Auntie Colleenie were awesome too.
I got to see my great-grandparents gravesites. I have never visited them before.
I have always felt bonded to these two people. I have never met them but I love them.
I love them for all they did in this life for me.
I picture my great-grandfather like old Scrooge, with a thick German accent pouring over his scriptures, devouring them in away I never have. I am certain like old Scrooge he has his regrets but I have a big hug for him. I love him.
My sweet great-grandmother like a sweet angel I picture her in a garden surrounded by a white picket fence waiting to give us all a hug and a kiss.
I have a big hug for her too. I love her.
Life was not easy for either of them but they did their best, like we all do our best. 

 I want to know them. Truly know them not from the memories of others but of themselves. I am so grateful life extends beyond the grave there is so much I want to know and do that one life just isn't enough.


No comments: