Thursday, October 11, 2018

MIRACLES



I am so behind and have so much to write, but I think I will stop being overwhelmed and discouraged about catching up and just move forward. 

Saturday evening the prophet challenged us to read the Book of Mormon by the end of the year. I started sobbing. As most of you know, I started homeschooling my children. I am doing concurrent enrollment, so they go to school for two hours a day each and the rest of the time they are at home with me. It is a lot of driving on top of homeschooling. I have been really busy. I haven't gone grocery shopping in a month. I haven't paid our bills yet this month. I was called to be the first counselor in the Relief Society presidency. Besides all that, I have taken it upon myself to minister in a higher holier way. Logan, this beautiful baby refuses to sleep. He is Sierra. He maybe takes three thirty minute naps and is up at least five times at night. I have been exhausted, every day. I have sobbed myself to sleep every night. 
Why do I need to do this? I read the scriptures and we do family scripture study. 
I didn't know how I was going to fit the prophet's challenge into my life. It wasn't possible. I sobbed, knowing I had to, because the spirit bore witness to my soul I had to, but knowing it was impossible. You might as well be a man born in the desert and asked to build a ship to cross Atlantic ocean. In a world where no one crosses the Atlantic, at least no one had.
I guess if Nephi could do the impossible, then so could I. 
I started.    
I am less than a week into this challenge and I have seen miracles flooding into my life. The Spirit has been speaking to me. He has guided me and helped me fix my biggest problem. He has given me more time. I was inspired by the Spirit to higher a tutor for Sierra for math. I watched her work with her tutor and realized she can learn independently, when I am removed from the situation. I was inspired to call a widow in the ward and ask her to if Sierra could do her school work at her house. She is so happy to have her. Sister Otteson invited her to go see "The Wizard of OZ" at the Avalon theater. I know she is blessing her life too. She has felt so lonely. 
She has been getting all her school work done on her own and I have only had to help her in a few areas. This blessing alone has brought more peace to my home and given me the time I need. 
    
We are blessed when we are obedient. Obedience brings forth the blessings of heaven!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
         

No comments: