Wednesday, October 24, 2018

WYATT's FUNERAL

      I snapped these two quick pictures so I would have something to put here. I haven't been a good photographer since I gave birth to Logan. However, no picture could portray the depth of emotion in this room anyway. My Father offered a prayer before the funeral services and there could not have been a dry eye in the room. Michael shared beautiful heartfelt words at the funeral about Wyatt, his life and mission and testified of the Savior. The spirit was so beautiful and full. Chrissy's words were so sweet and inspiring. I can't fathom how she had the strength to stand and testify of the Heavenly Father's hand in her life and how blessed they were through their short journey with Wyatt suffering from cancer and the miracles they saw along the way. I think the whole room was blown away by their faith and love. 

Also, the moment when the grandkids sang Gethsemane and not one of them could help but weep most especially my sweet Sierra who stood behind Grace, so no one would see. Lastly, when Michael stood and held our mother as she gave the closing prayer. She shakes and it had been a long day with a lot of emotion, so she was shaking unusually hard. Michael extending compassion to her at a moment when he needed compassion the most, was exactly what Christ would have done. I wept openly. I could not have been more proud of him and the man he has become. 

We will miss you, sweet Wyatt. Until we meet again.


No comments: