Saturday, June 16, 2012

CAMPING on the MESA

 We went camping on the Mesa.
There are no pictures because I forgot my memory card, which makes me so sad because it is so beautiful up there. It reminds me of the High Uintas.
Nate's knee is still in a lot of pain.
I had to load the car.
Unload the car.
Set up camp
Make dinner.
All of which Nate normally does and after doing it this once, I really appreciate him.
Anyway, Nate was fishing on the lake in a raft and I and the girls went hiking.
He gave the girls a walkie-talkie, so they could talk to him.
The girls loved using the walkie-talkie and telling their dad all about their hike.
We got back to camp and I started the fire and began roasting hotdogs.
Sierra triped on the hike and really hurt her elbow.
She went in the tent to lay down.
I told her to come out and eat dinner.
She said, "My tummy hurts. No get that food away from me!"
Then she threw up. 
I wasn't prepared to care for a sick little girl at camp, so when Nate got off the lake I said, "I think we have to go home."
Neither of us were happy about it.
Sierra was sheet white sitting in the car moaning, "Don't let me see any food."
While I cleaned up dinner.
Took down camp.
And loaded the car.
Then helped Nate load his raft because he knee was acting up.
I kept thinking thank heaven I am not 20 weeks pregnant because then my belly would really be in the way.
Then I remembered, "Oh yeah, it doesn't matter if I am 20 weeks pregnant my belly is still in the way!" What?
The girls were covered in filth when we got home.
They both crashed in the car and I didn't want to wake them for a bath.
I knew I was hanging onto those old blankets, from when Nate was in college, for a reason.
I threw one on the bed and one over the girls.
I didn't hear a peep until morning.
When they woke up they went straight to the bath.
I think we will be day camping from now on.... at least until Nate's knee is healed.

No comments: