Saturday, June 23, 2012

GIRL's TRIP MONTICELLO TEMPLE


I got to got to the Monticello temple for the first time yesterday.
I went with one of my best friends here in Fruita, Amanda.
She is doll and a riot to be around.
I am so glad she invited me.
She drove the whole way and we laughed and talked about everything.
I have been really blessed in my life to have amazing visiting teaching companions that have become dear friends. Amanda has been that for me here. (Thank you Joy for Pittsburgh!)
The temple was beautiful. There is always such a feeling of peace there.
The youth all came and did baptisms.
Amanda and I got to watch. It was special and took me back to when I use to do baptisms as a youth.
We all meet at the Pizza Hut in Moab.
There was more pizza than any of us could eat.
And cold water, which I was dying for, because despite how perfect the temple way it was really hot.
Then two of the young women drove back with us. They blared the stero system all the way back to Grand Junction.
Amanda and I joined in and sang with them on a few songs.
They had a blast and then during the last half-hour they both fell asleep.





 
 Our driving buddies!

No comments: