Wednesday, November 7, 2012

ELECTION



I have been sad about the elections result of last night. However, this sadness has turned to hope as I have reflected on these things....

1. Jesus is my King.
2. I have a Prophet that leads and guides me in these Latter Days.
3. I am a Mother, and there is great power in that.

I love this clip and these quotes. They make me happy and fill me with peace.

I truly love my country!
 
This nation, founded on principles laid down by men who God raised will never fail..... I have faith in america: you and I must have faith in America if we understand the teaching of the gospel of Jesus Christ. (Harold B. Lee. Ye are the light of the world [Salt Lake City: Deseret Book co., 1974] p. 351.)
 
How long will it be before the words of the prophet Joseph will be fulfilled? He said if the Consititution of the United States were saved at all it must be done by this people. It will not be many years before these words come to pass. [Discourses of Brigham Youn, comp. John A. Widtsoe [Salt Lake City; Deseret Book Co., 1971] p360.]
 
When, the people shall have torn to shreds the Constitution of the United States, the elders of Israel will be found holding it up to the nations of the earth and proclaiming liberty and equal rights to all men, and extending the hand of fellowship to the oppressed of all nations. This is part of the program, and as long as we do what is right and fear God, he will help us and stand by us under all circumstances (John Taylor, Gospel Kingdom [Salt Lake City; Bookcraft, 1964 p. 219)
 
The kingdom of God is here to grow, to spread abroad, to take root in the earthand to abide where the Lord has planted it by his own power and by his own word in the earth, never more to be destroyed nor to cease, but to continue until the purposes of the Almighty shall be accomplished, every whit that has been spoken of it by the mouths of the the holy prophets since the world began (Joseph F. Smith, Gospel Doctorine [Salt Lake City;Deseret Book Co., 1968] p.76)
 
  




No comments: