Tuesday, August 13, 2013

HAPPY 8th BIRTHDAY

 Sierra turned eight years old this week. I can't believe how much she has grown. She will be baptized on the 31st of this month. I am so overwhelmed with the thought. She is such a beautiful girl. She fills our family with so much joy. She was telling Madison stories she made up the other night and it was so sweet to listen to them chatting and giggling together. Sunday night I asked the girls to clear the dishes and rinse them and stack them in the dishwasher. They did it every bit as well as I could have and never complained, it made smile. I thought this is why you put all the effort into teaching them. Having a little helper in life makes life easier.

She wanted a friend birthday party. She has never had one before. Last summer she cried because she wanted one so much but we were in the middle of moving and I told her I promise next year but this year it just isn't possible. Well another year passed and although we had just moved again I had to make good on my promise.

It was a simple party. We made personal homemade pizzas. We had cake and ice cream and watched Pete's Dragon and painted toe nails.  Her friends had a good time and she had a lot of fun.

I bought her a table for her birthday and told her that was all she was getting from us because she was having a birthday party and her friends were bringing presents. We went out to lunch with daddy and Nate said, "So squirmage what did you get for your birthday." She said, "A table!" He said, "Wow, a table. Your mom got you a table for your birthday. Wow." He was not impressed. He came home from work and crashed her party with snorkeling gear. She was so excited. Earlier that morning she was screaming around the house that she was now eight so she could learn to scuba dive. She has been anxiously waiting since she was three to be eight. She wants to dive with sharks, that's my girl.






No comments: