Sunday, August 18, 2013

KIM's BABY SHOWER

Lily and I threw Kim, a young mother of two boy's a baby shower. Lily is really close to Kim and asked that I make a special quilt for her new little girl. I have never made a quilt like this for anyone except my sisters, not even my sister in-laws, sadly. I want to make one for everyone of my nieces and nephews, but they are expensive to make. Lily said, "I will pay for it if you make it." We went to the fabric store and picked out the fabrics together last Saturday. The baby shower was in one week. It wasn't much time and with a clingy baby it was hard, but I got it done. It turned out beautifully. 

Saturday morning as I was getting ready for the baby shower I was running around like a nutty mommy again. My girls were hungry and teasing. I had Sierra sit down and sew a simple skirt for the baby and Madison made scrambled eggs. She made two batches. She did it all herself except turn on the oven. Her daddy came home and said, "I hope some of those are for me." She said, "There are some for everyone cause no one will starve while I am cooking." I thought she was so precious. Sierra did a beautiful job sewing the skirt for the baby. She wants to sew another one for her sister and her. We will see. She is so talented. She can sew a straight line just as well as any adult. The skirt was beautiful. She was so excited about it.

The shower was a bit overwhelming and I dropped the ball on a few things. I don't think I will attempt to help throw one again this year but it was fun. Kim was so sweet and grateful. The blanket was beautiful, although I don't think the picture does it justice. You could feel that Kim loved it, which made every crazy second I spent on it worth it.

When the shower was over I came downstairs to crazy children who were overtired and hungry and a husband that was frustrated. I handled it with grace. I sent Nate to get a few things for dinner and had him make dinner while I bathed our babies. Then after they ate, I tucked them all in bed.

Madison has been asking for stories about her unicorn. I have to get a picture of that thing. (Side story: My sister and brother-in-law took Madison on a little day date while she was staying at Jennifer and Derrick's, to get better after that awful sickness. Karalee and Benji won a stuffed unicorn. When we meet up with my sister in Price and brought Madison home, Sierra burst into tears because she was jealous of all the attention and stuff Madison had. She said of the unicorn, admidst her tears, "Well, it is a little weird looking, but still it isn't fair.) Madison has slept with that unicorn every night since she got back. I started making up stories about the adventures of the unicorn. She wanted a quick story before she went to bed. I was telling the a story and said the word "poof" and apparently it is the funniest word on the planet because baby James giggled hard belly laughs over and over. I was still smiling about his giggles as I tucked him into bed that night. I was overwhelmed with how grateful I was to be the mother of these three precious souls.





No comments: