Tuesday, August 13, 2013

TONGUE

James has discovered his tongue. He is growing in beautiful ways and I love every ounce of him.

I have hated not blogging over the last month. My life was turned upside down for a moment while we moved again. Oh my, will it ever end? I hope the next move will be into a home we own. Where we can stay as long as we want. I think there must be something in me that likes change because I seem to always end up in places where we don't stay long.

I was a bit overwhelmed with this last move and absolutely didn't want to do it. I was dragging my feet for weeks and was really undecided on what we should do. Our friends who owned the home we were living in decided to sale the home, so we were looking for another rental. My Relief Society President offered her basement apartment. I was unsure whether I wanted to give up a single family house, but in the end decided to do it because Sierra would be able to stay in her same school with her friends and we would be able to continue in the same ward. Besides, her basement apartment is over 2,000 square feet, so there is plenty of room.

My sweet, amazing sister Tamara came helped for a week. She was so sweet during my crazy emotional rollercoaster and was grateful, I am sure, to be out of the drama and back to her own life.

Then my in-laws came into town for a family reunion. We planned it at Christmas time not realizing we would be in the middle of a move and Nate would be in the middle of one of his most stressful weeks of work he has had since opening his practice. I wanted to just call and cancel but they wouldn't let me out of it. I am glad they didn't. Although there wasn't much fun had, they helped me move my entire house. I felt so blessed. I have never needed them more and been so grateful for their rescuing hands. Brandon did everything I needed done and couldn't do and Mom, Dad, Heather and Jarom hauled box after box after box. I would not have made it without them. A simple thank you could never be enough.

We are now basement dwellers and we like it. We have a storage room for all of our food storage which is unheard of in this valley. We finally got the internet and life fells normal again. Sigh....

No comments: