Wednesday, January 29, 2014

OUR HOUSE..... MAYBE

Well, we put an offer in on this little beauty last week.
The couple selling the home took another offer that was slightly more.
The other offer couldn't get financing.
The house was back on the table this afternoon.
I was heading out tomorrow to look at other houses but when my realtor called back and said the sale on the Loma property fell through, do you want to make an offer?
I think I screamed yes into the phone.
I haven't been able to wipe the grin from my face all night.
 
Why?
Not sure?
This is not my dream home.
Promise.
Maybe it is the sinking floors.
The carpet in the bathroom.
The single pane windows.
The carpet period.
Every wall is made from a different material, sheet rock, plaster, wood paneling.
Did I mention the carpet.
The drooping ceilings.
Weird Remodels.
It's a hundred years old.
Well not quite but really, really close.
 
But, the land is beautiful.
It is a safe beautiful place.
We could build our dream home... eventually... hopefully soon.
I told Nate if we do get this home, which hasn't happened yet but is a greater possibility.
Then we will have to have his friend make a custom arch for the driveway, which is really a dirt road.
I said, what should we call our little homestead?
I suggested, Green Acres
or
Hole on the Green.
(Tongue and Cheek of course, but you really should see the inside of that house, which I will have to make do or make better at least for a little while.)
Nate suggested, Yes! Farm, giggling so hard, or Amish paradise.
Then we could sing, we are livin' in an Amish paradise.
We will decide if everything works out, we will keep you posted.

 
 

No comments: