Saturday, February 1, 2014

NATE's FAVORITE PART

Cow's not included.
Maybe someday we will get a few.
Why not?
Not for a while.
We will first add a cat and some chickens.
We will see how that goes.
 
Nate says his first priority will be to expand the pond.
 
My first priority will be to fix up the house.
We will need a few miracles for that to happen.
This whole process has been a miracle, so I am counting on it.
 
New paint.
New carpet.
Jacking the floors?
Most importantly making the attic loft a beautiful bedroom for the girls and James.
 
I have slept maybe four hours a night for the last three nights.
I have torn out walls, painted, hung curtains, replaced carpet, jacked floors.
It is beautiful when I am done.
Then I wake and realize, actually, it is still a dump.
I don't even know where to begin to fix it.
Dad come.
At least give me a few pointers on what is possible and what isn't.
I can work hard.
I can do it.
I just need to know what to accept and what to reject.


No comments: