Friday, January 19, 2018

POTTY TRAINING 


Potty training this boy has been an adventure. I started six months ago and gave up. I told my mother I was done till after the baby was born. She insisted that he is three and he can do it and if he wasn't all the way there she would take over while I was in the hospital and the days following. Armed with that promise I decided to move forward. I told him he was a big boy now and had to throw away his diapers. Then for two straight days he peed himself. Then he would run and tell me he needed to be changed. I was at my wits end and cursing my mom a bit, sorry mom you know I love you. I called my sister Michelle she said, "Lisa, this is what you are going to do. Go to Walmart, not the dollar store, buy him prizes he will love and he gets a prize for ever success no matter what." I was desperate and listened. Within an hour that kid stopped having accidents, he hasn't had an accident since... except poop. He won't poop on the potty. I have a plan and I pray it works. Pray for me.

Sierra and I went on a date tonight. Nate's in Denver and I felt like she needed a little Mommy Daughter Time. We went to Munchies a hamburger and fry place and ate and then we went to a play at the High School. She sat up and watched the whole thing intently. You could tell she was getting a bit uncomfortable near the end and she wanted to go. I didn't blame her those auditorium chairs were not comfortable, especially for my pregnant belly. We knew one of the girls preforming, Carly Orr. She is one of our Laurels. She is not that active and we really wanted to support her. We gave her the flowers we brought and took off for home. Sierra suggested we beeline it to the movies but ten o'clock is late for me. We headed home.

James loves Lindsay to babysit. I think having her come over was a better gift than anything he got for his birthday.

No comments: