Thursday, November 22, 2018

THANKSGIVING

We decided to stay home for Thanksgiving dinner. I was relieved once I finally made the decision. I sometimes make decisions based on not disappointing my extended family instead of doing what is best for my husband, children and I. I was grateful to have the courage to do what was best for myself. Traveling is so hard for Mr. Logan and it took a long time to recover from our last trip. I don't have a week to recover from a trip anymore. Nate was so great. He took on the turkey with all his normal enthusiasm. I made assignments for all the kids. James did the rolls and salad. Ashton did the green bean casserole and helped with the rolls. Sierra did the Jell-o and the sweet potatoes. Madison did the pies and potatoes. I did gravy and stuffing. There may have been a few mess ups but overall I was glad not to have to do it all myself.
I like to think of the things I am especially grateful for this year 2018. I am grateful for Mr. Logan. Especially his huge smile and his sweet hugs. I am grateful I made it through his birth and the last six months. They have been difficult but worth it.
I am grateful for a better relationship with Nate. I feel I come to know him better every year and he constantly amazes me. He is generous and funny. He has helped me laugh through some really difficult days this year. He has been so generous not just monetarily but with his time.
I am grateful I have had an increased capacity to hear the spirit. I have felt guided by the Holy Ghost and I am grateful to have him with me always.
I am grateful I decided to homeschool my kids. I love having them home more. We have had several beautiful learning moments together. It has been stretching for me as a mother. I am learning things I wish I had of known when Sierra was little. I am becoming the mother I want to be. (Although, I am still far from perfect!)
I am grateful for Michael and Chrissy and their courage. I am grateful they have taught and continue to teach me how to do incredibly hard things gracefully and faith-filled.
Lastly, I am grateful my sister Kimberly, and brother-in-law Caleb, decided to create Logan a best friend for life. He will be born today. I can't wait to lay eyes on his sweet face. 

No comments: