Wednesday, November 7, 2018

MY KINDERGARTENER

Two months into Kindergarten this little boy got a letter home saying that they were switching him to all day Kindergarten and to a different teacher. 
One of the reasons I decided to homeschool was I didn't want my children spending more time at school than with me. I knew I wanted to add James to my list but I didn't know how. I burst into tears. I went out into Nate's dude room and acted like a baby. I wept and told Heavenly Father I couldn't do anymore, I was exhausted. I asked, why? (I have learned so much since then. If I went back into time, I wouldn't ask why but what do you want me to learn?) 
A few months earlier I was listening to NPR and they were talking about the gay initiative. How they were starting in Denver and going into all public schools and teaching children that gender is fluid. They will instruct teachers to refer to children as scholars or learners but never boys and girls. 
I have since been home schooling James for two months. He does go into the school for two hours a day. The first day he burst into tears when I came to pick him up. He didn't want to come home. I wondered if I was doing the right thing.
A few weeks ago I went into his classroom and his teacher said, "Line up scholars." I felt the spirit say to my mind, "This is why?"
I do love James's teacher. I just don't want anyone having a greater influnence over his mind than me. I am his mother. I love him. He is the sweetest boy. 

No comments: