Thursday, April 11, 2019

TECHNOLOGY

 He came to me the other day and said, "Mom, I learned the best word today. Technology. Say the word Technology, mom. Isn't it the coolest word?" I said, "It is a pretty cool word!" Then we went to the thrift store to find some he could take apart and see the inner works. We found an old keyboard and he took it apart. He thought it was pretty amazing. He still has it under his bed and will not part with it. Then he said he wanted to learn about electricity. He started taking random wires and putting them together on random things. I thought nothing of it till he flipped a breaker plugging one of his random contraptions into an outlet. I knew it was serious. This obsession with electricity. We bought this kit off of Amazon. It has transformed his world. He loves doing school so he can do "electricity". It is always the last thing we do. We have entitled it our Science unit. He now loves homeschooling. 

Also, the other night in his prayers James said, "Heavenly Father please help me to become a good man and teach people about Jesus." It melted my heart. I didn't know something so grown up could come out of one so small. His prayers are always so sincere.

No comments: