Monday, May 4, 2009

HOW MANY PENNIES WILL IT TAKE?

Sierra has been searching the house for pennies, quarters and dimes. She keeps bringing her little hand fulls to me and asking is this enough for a ticket? She wants to fly back west to see her family. It breaks my heart sometimes. I just want to take her to go see her family everytime she wants to, but it may be a little while yet. Hopefully, in a year we will move a little closer to both of her beloved families.

She will find another coin and beam, "Mom, now I have enough for a ticket, right?" I shake my head no and say, "You are going to need 23,000 of those and that is only if we can find a really cheap fare. Keep looking." She has no concept of money or numbers so she will find another and come up to me again with a hopeful expression, "Now?" I will reply, "Nope."

Don't feel too sorry for her though she has unlimited long distance and skype and spends more time on both than any three year old should. She keeps waking her Grandma Craven up at 4:00am. She will come to wake me up and if I won't get up immediately, she will call her Grandma Craven. I told my mother we will have to switch the speed dial to Nate's mother every so often just to give every one a chance; however, it would be 3:00am for Grandma McKnight.

Still working on getting pictures uploaded from the camera.

4 comments:

Paul and Em said...

I will loan her some of my pennies!!! This makes me sad. I wish we all had a lot more pennies to contribute to her cause.

Lyssa said...

Oh so cute. She can always call me cause if its 4am in Utah its 1pm here!

DJ said...

I will send her jars of pennies. Derrick has been collecting change for years. The shipping might cost more than what's in the jars though... :)

Chrystal said...

She is so cute! I can't wait for you guys to move closer! Maybe we should start a fund raiser on her behalf. LOL so so cute!