Friday, May 1, 2009

OUR INSIDE JOKE WHICH, DUE TO THIS ENTRY, IS NOW AN OUTSIDE JOKE

Yesterday, in the car, Sierra said to me, "Mom, do you think that when fairy's touch flies bums they turn to a light bulb?"
I said, "Hmmm. No."
She started laughing and said exaggeratedly, "You have to think it!"
This made me laugh really hard. I replied with, "Well, Sierra, do you think that gabble-de-babble-de-labble-de-bo?"
(Little known secret about me. I have this crazy side. I make up stupid rhymes, songs, word runs, and gibberish, all the time.)
She started laughing hysterically and said, "No!"
I said, "Sierra, you have to think it!"
This is now our inside joke. Our first ever mother-daughter inside joke. We laugh about it all the time. When things get boring, one of us will say, "Do you think... followed by a bit of gibberish, or a legitimate question where the answer would be no. For example, "Do you think the sky is green?" When the person replies no, you have to yell at the top of your lungs, "You have to think it! Promise it is very funny.

Side note: I have a bit of an aspiring computer guru in my home. He swears he increased the speed and over all peppiness of the computer but in the processes erased all family pictures back to Sierra's birth. I was a little upset. He called a dear friend who helped him find and restore the pictures. Whew. My hero. However, the computer won't read my camera card anymore, which is not connected at all to this person's prior antics... he promises. I haven't blogged in a while. He is working on the problem and I have been promised it will be fixed shortly.

No comments: