Friday, May 15, 2009

JUST FOR A LAUGH

Yesterday I got a random phone call:

Person on the other end of the line (P): Hello.
Me: Hello.
(P): Mrs. Lisa McKnight.
Me: Yes
(P): How are you today?
Me: Fine
(P) I am calling from the Allegheny Cemetary to let you know that you have won a burial plot worth the equivilant of $750.
Me: Really
(P): Yes, there is no obligation to you. You just need to come down to the Allegheny Cemetary and claim your prize.
Me: (I started to laugh.) I am not interested.
I hung up.

I thought of all ways in which this was one of the weirdest phone calls I have ever had. I think it was a scam but if it was true can you imagine calling up your family and friends and saying "Guess what I won? You can't imagine. It is so awesome. I won... (Wait for it. Wait for it.) a burial plot.

Then put yourself in the shoes of the person who was making the phone call, "Hello, congradulations! I am just calling to let you know that you, Mrs. McKnight, have been selected from hundreds of people, in a random drawing, to win your very own super-sized, just incase you are a fatty, burial plot.

No comments: