Sunday, July 5, 2009

4TH OF JULY


The 4th of July was amazing, as always. We loved every minute of it. The 4th of July is by far my favorite holiday. We had amazing festivities from dawn to dusk and beyond.

The park had a bike parade. They provided all of the 4th of July paraphernalia. Sierra loved decorating her bike and rocketing around the fountain. The parade was great.
Say hello to some of our friends. Here is the Turner family decorating bikes.

Anne Turner, isn't she beautiful. Love the skirt Anne! Your mom is so talented.

Hailey Dinger. She is so cute.

Our new friends, May and Lalo. May is in Sierra's sunbeam class.

We had a great morning playing in the park. Then MJ and I made pies and rolls, (I would have captured a pictures but the batteries died. Too bad, you would have been jealous. YUMMY.) while Nate took Sierra fishing. She had a great time and couldn't stop talking about their adventures when she got back. Then we were off to a friends home for a BBQ, the food and conversation was GREAT. YUMMY. FABULOUS. Then I bribed the night guard with the remainder of the pie to let us on the roof to watch the fireworks. I stayed behind and got MJ to bed but the view was still amazing from the 19th floor. All in all, a fabulous day. Maybe we will get to do it again next year. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Shandra said...

Wow, Lisa! Your day sounded awesome!! So cool about going up on the roof!! I need to go throw my name around and see if I can go up there for the next firework show!! :-) Do you KNOW who I AM?! :-)