Tuesday, July 21, 2009

DREAM 2 FUFILLED, SEEING LES MISERABLES


Grandma McKnight and CC on the bridge next to the Benedum Center, where Les Miserables was playing.
Grandma McKnight and CC in front of the digital sign outside the Benedum Center.

Grandma McKnight and CC waiting for the show to begin.

A little know fact about me is that I was a child of the theater. I loved being on stage and hungered to perform whenever the opportunity arouse. I am not a singer or dancer, strictly an actress, but I loved musicals. My favorite play, Les Miserables. I dreamt of seeing the play as a child and learned every song by heart. My favorite character was Eponine and I would sing her parts over and over again. The opportunity never came to go until this past week. Nate gets 1/2 price tickets for up to 4 people, as a student at the University. We took advantage and went to see Les Miserables with Grandma McKnight. I was so excited. It was Sierra's first play. She loved it at first but it got a little long. She sat really still and was only disruptive with the constant questions she was whispering to me. She went to sleep after Gavroche died. She was pretty sad. I kept reassuring her that it was all just pretend. I guess I forgot how dark and morbid Les Miserables was. Not a good choice for a 3 year old. What was I thinking? Not sure.

1 comment:

Atrena Holm said...

Looks like your having a lot of fun the last few weeks!