Friday, December 7, 2012

FANCY

Sierra said on the way home from school, "Mom, why aren't I as fancy as other girls in my class?" At first I told her she was beautiful and asked her what she was talking about. She said, "You know fancy not beautiful." I said, "Well, you don't like to get dressed or do your hair. If you want tomorrow we can spend a long time doing your hair, and find a nice outfit and you can be fancy." Then tonight after I gave her a bath. I told her I would paint her nails so she could be fancy. In the middle of painting them she lost patience with me and said, "Mom, I don't need to be fancy I am fine just the way I am!" Agreed little one.
 
However, I couldnl't resist making her get up a little earlier to  spend a little more time on her outifit and hair, just to prove to her that she can be as fancy as any other girl.
 
This is the best picture I could get because she was pretty annoyed by this point and didn't want to take a picture. She has cuter clothes.
She wouldn't wear fancy tights, a skirt, and boots, because tights are too cold.
Although it has been really warm the last few day. She threw a fit.
She wouldn't wear the cute shirt that goest with her vest because it is blue and white day on Friday.
Apparently, this is the best we could do.
 
I think it is important to feel fancy every once and a while even if most of the time you don't want to take the time.
 

No comments: