Wednesday, December 19, 2012

SIMPLE ACT of KINDNESS

It snowed today.
I was too cold to go outside and get a descent picture.
Sierra was in blissful heaven though.
She just wanted to be in the snow and then in the house talking about it and then in the snow.
My kitchen was covered in water from melted snow.
I slipped a few time.
I was frustrated.
Then I felt guilty because of my frustration.
I hate to rob her of these beautiful childhood moments, by yelling at her for tracking snow into the house.
And although I held my tongue my frustration was felt.

My car was covered in snow.
Thankfully, my friend Barbara came and took Sierra to school.
I finally mustered up enough courage to go out and scrap the car, well after the time Sierra left.
 
I was scrapping ice and snow off the car when Brother Bob pulled up.
He is in his 80's. I have blogged about him before. He is my grandpa.
He had a snow shovel in his hand and without a word he started clearing my sidewalks and my driveway.
I wanted to tell him I was fine and I could do it and he should go home.
Then I thought, I am eight and a half months pregnant...why are either of us shoveling the snow?
Then I started to laugh at how ridiculous and awesome we both were.

I have to say that 80 year old man can shovel circles around me.
He is a machine.
I kept having to stop to get my breath.

Then about the time we were finishing up Brother Chuck pulls up with his tractor.
He drove all the way from the farm on his tractor to clear our snow.
Since we were already done, he cleared are neighbors driveway.
Our neighbor is in his eighties too.
After trying to let him pay him, which Brother Chuck refused, he went to McDonald and got a dozen breakfast burritos.
He gave them to Brother Chuck, he said, "These are for you, your wife and  your daughter."
Chuck got such a kick out of the fact that our neighbor thought I was his daughter.
I think it was cute too.
I feel like their daughter often and am so grateful for my Fruita parents and grandparents.

I was just so inspired by all the beautiful acts of kindness.
I really enjoyed my McDonald breakfast burrito.

No comments: