Sunday, July 14, 2013

4th of JULY

 
After Chris, Nate's friend, drove the Camry he told Nate to get rid of it. There is no way he would trust putting his family in that car. Nate told me to take it out to a field and shoot it. He was going to get us a new car. I will admit I was smiling from ear to ear. I hate driving a standard. I have had to drive one for the last ten years of my life. I was hoping for something different. Selling the Camry and finding something to replace it meant staying in Utah for another week. I will admit I was ready to come home, it had already been two weeks, but I didn't want to make the trip back across the desert in without air conditioning, so I stayed. My poor parents, they never once complained, but I did plenty of complaining. I feel bad about it now. They made a very stressful situation easy.
 
Sadly, Madison got really sick. She vomited, no exaggeration, every twenty minutes for eighteen hours. If she wasn't sucking down liquid as much as she was vomiting I would have been very concerned. She would throw up and immediately beg for a drink and suck down eight ounces or more and then twenty minutes later she would throw it all up. She continued to throw up for two more full days. Then on Sunday she threw up twice and then it was gone. My dad stayed up with her all night that first night. He was so kind. I woke up at 4:00am and told him I would take over. He insisted on staying with her.
 
Madison, didn't feel good enough to participate in the fourth of July celebration. Sierra loved it though. She lite most of our firework stash. Then we climbed on to the roof and watched the neighbors lite theirs. I was overwhelmed watching all the neighbors out on the road participating in our countries birthday. I read someone claiming that Utah was the most patriotic state in the union. I have to say, I think they might be right.







No comments: