Thursday, July 11, 2013

TARZAN

 
I am so sorry I haven't blogged. I haven't really hardly taken a picture. I am starting to understand the advantage of point and shoot camera's. James is at an age where he grabs everything I am holding and he never wants me to put him down, which makes picture taking impossible.
Nate's friend Chris was hitching a ride from California to Utah. He needed a way to get to Colorado. Nate and Chris came up with a plan for me to drive out to Utah and spend the week while Chris took my car to Colorado hung out with Nate. I told Nate, I don't know if the car will make it to Utah once and you are asking it to make the trip twice. (If your only interaction with me is the blogging sphere you don't know that I drive a 1991 Toyota Camry. Nate bought it for me as our graduation present from Dental school. I was so grateful to finally have a second car, but it really had seen its day. Every time I make a trip to Utah, it breaks down and my dad has fixed it, so I can get back to Colorado.) He said, "You know you want to visit your family, so go."
 
We went and luckily the kids were good during the drive. We had to leave early in the morning because there is no air conditioning in the car and the drive across the desert in the summer is ridiculously hot.  
 
We spent two days with Nate's family. They were so sweet to us and the girls had a blast playing with the fountain in the backyard, marble runs, and jump roping. Grandpa took us to the splash pad in Spanish Fork, the girls got to run around with their cousins and had a blast. Grandma and Grandpa took the girls on a picnic with their cousins. The girls got to see their cousin Jarom play ice hockey. Spending the night in Grandma and Grandpa's new house was so fun. Their basement is nice and cool and so comfortable.  
 
Then we left for my parents. My sister Michelle and her children were up for the weekend. Sierra begged to go and spend time in St. George with her cousins. She left for St. George. (We were meeting back up later at our family reunion.) It left me and Madison and James. Madison and I decided to have a girls night, just the two of us. We went to see Tarzan at the Scera Outdoor Theater. We bought snacks at the grocery store and packed them away in my purse. It was her first time seeing a play. She loved every minute of it. I loved being there with just her.
 






No comments: