Thursday, November 7, 2013

I AM PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN

Sierra had her patriotic program today.
The 3rd graders have been practicing for while.
I guess there is a PowerPoint that goes with the songs that will accompany tonight's performance. Sierra said she can't watch it because it makes her cry and so she just keeps her eyes forward.
She has been teaching her sister "50 Nifty United States" all week and correcting her when she messes up.
The kids were all adorable especially Wyatt, who sang a solo and Sierra's friend Hailey who sang a duet.
My mother would have loved to see them perform.
She loves patriotic programs.
She would have been singing along with all the songs I sang in my patriotic program when I was a little girl. Like..... "From the lakes of Minnesota to the hills of Tennessee across the plains of Texas....."
When my sisters and I did our patriotic program in elementary school, my mother loved it so much she made us sing the songs to all who would listen. She would line me and my three sisters up and we would sing the very songs Sierra sang today.
 
My feelings for my country run deep.
The words to these songs warmed my heart.
I feel it is a blessing and privilege to be born a citizen of the United States of America.
I try to do all I personally can to protect my nations freedoms.
I want my children to do the same and love this country like I do.
I think programs like these help.
Thank you elementary school teachers who think it is important to teach our children to be proud to be an American and don't shy away from songs that proclaim was are one nation under God.
 
 







(Thank you Barbara for watching my boy while I got way too camera happy!)







No comments: