Thursday, November 28, 2013

THANKSGIVING

(The only Thanksgiving Picture. Sad.)
 
We celebrated Thanksgiving at my parents home.
Nate joined us in Utah.
The food was amazing. Grandma and Grandpa Hair and Aunt Ruth and Aunt Colleen joined us.
(Bummed there are no pictures.)
We had turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potatoes, salad, Jell-O, rolls, and every pie imaginable.
My mother is an amazing cook. I could eat her stuffing all day long.
 
Best parts of the week.
 
1. Having Thanksgiving with my family. Mom and Dad, Benji and Karalee, Kimberly and Tamara, and Nate and my kids.
 
2. Going to Mom and Dad McKnight's for pie. Watching Sierra and Adalie play together.
 
3. Getting to know Benji. I had reservation about him being my brother-in-law. I don't think that is a secret to anyone. I haven't really spent time with him. I am grateful that he and my sister moved into my parents basement, so I could pull down a few walls I have thrown up over the years. Watching him with James was particularly precious. He loves his uncle Benji. I must say out loud Benji is one of the most forgiving persons I have ever known.
 
4. Hunting for a car with my Dad and not buying a car from Jaheed even though he promised to make it amazing.
 
5. Learning a bit about genealogy with my Grandma Hair.
 
6. Hanging out in Aunt Ruth's bedroom with James. He wanted to touch everything in that room.
 
7. Converting my father over to fish tacos, yummy! We will make some more at Christmas time dad. Your welcome.
 
8. Spending an evening with Nate at the temple, with ice cream after. I think it was the best date we have had all year. Nate kept trying to convince me to spend more time with him, but I said we had to get back to the kids. When I got back they were all asleep. Karalee and Benji took fabulous care of them.
 
9. Praying to find a good car and finding one minutes before we were suppose to leave town. Nate and I both felt good about the decision.
 
10. Watch my mother and her grandson. She really loves him and they are so sweet together.
 
I could go on and on. It was a fabulous trip.

No comments: