Saturday, November 16, 2013

PHOTOSHOOT

(One of Nate's Assistants)
Nate asked me to do a photo shoot for him.
He was offering free photos at the mall at Christmas time.
The photos were free, the clincher was they had to pick the photos up at Yes! Dental.
He felt if he could get them to drive to his office and meet him and his staff, then they would be more likely to use him as a dentist.
 
We did this for Halloween.
Bonnie, Nate's sister photographed the Halloween event.
She did a good job.
Nate wanted me to do the Christmas event.
I don't have a camera or equipment to pull off something like this.
I had to rent it.
 
It came the day before the event.
I stayed up all night trying to figure out how to use the equipment.
No sleep.
I took a bath half way through the night just to calm my frantic mind.
Then I went back to reading manuals and watching YouTube videos.
Dawn broke and I was still no closer to figuring it out.
 
I called a bunch of people at 6:00am, sorry if you were one of them.
My friend Darcy suggested I call her dad. Awkward.
I just thought I will bounce my flash off a reflector.
It may look bad but I don't have a choice at this point.
Darcy's dad called me. He asked me question after question... have you tried this? Have you tried this? He was making me more anxious. I finally said, "I have tried everything. I am sorry, but unless you were here to show me I don't think you can help me." He said, "Where are you?" I said, "I will be at the Mall in five minutes." My shoot was starting in one hour. He said, "I can come down there. I will be there in five minutes." He showed up and set up my lights and camera. Then all I really had to do was snap the pictures and pray my batteries didn't die.
 
He was an angel. I was praying all night. My Father-in-Heaven sent me an angel. I couldn't thank him enough. He rescued me. Virtually a complete stranger, took time out of his day at 6:00 in the morning to rescue me. I can't begin to say how much it meant to me.
 
I am sure you are wondering how the shoot went.
I did have interference from the Mall lights. All my pictures had a pink cast on them.
I took the picture in JPEG. It wasn't easily fixed.
I turned them black and white and gave them a copy of the pink picture and the black and white one.
I am a bit embarrassed about my work but it was free and under the circumstances... I can't be that hard on myself.

Once I was done with the photo shoot I had to rent a car and head to Utah.
Yes, right after.
I was meeting my sister and her husband in Utah and we were headed to Disneyland with my girls.
Nate refused to ever go, crowd phobias, so after four years of begging I decided to go without him.
 

No comments: