Tuesday, December 30, 2014

10 PLUS MORE DAYS

  Man, this has been the longest last few weeks of pregnancy.
I can't even begin to say how ridiculously hard it has been.
I had false labor all Christmas Day.
Nate left the day after Christmas for California to pick up a few things we desperately need to finish the house. Since he only has a few weeks off a year it was either this week or wait until summer.
I have three kids who are going wild because they have been locked up in our basement apartment all Christmas break.
I have had an earache since Saturday night that finally broke last night.
I have had non-stop false labor except a beautiful night sleep last night.
Last night was a tender mercy.
Tonight, it started again.
I can't sleep and I can't get comfortable.
Contractions every fifteen minutes till three in the morning.
Then nothing all day long until about bedtime.
Seven at night. (Worst time for a mom!)
James has been a nightmare.
He won't take a nap and he won't go to bed a night.
He is overtired and whines constantly.
Which is more bearable now that the earache has passed, but is still ridiculously hard to deal with.
 
This evening I was just mad.
I don't mean to be.
I am so blessed, but I was so mad at contractions I could scream.
 
Dear Contractions,
If you want to do something! Then do something!
If not, stop!
You are making me a cranky, crazy, mommy!
Thank you,
ME
 
I wasn't sweet to my children tonight.
I think all of them went to bed scared to death to cross me.
What happened to love at home?
It died.
 
I just want Nate to come home.
I told him today.
You know you are ridiculously unhelpful during labor and delivery.
You are so scared that you can't even be present.
You zone out on the television or whatever to distract yourself.
But,.... I can't do this without you.
I don't know but the thoughts of you not being there scares me to death.
 
He said, I am not going to be back till Sunday.
THE 4TH! I just can't get everything I need to done.
I pleaded, "I can't do this without you!"
He said, "I think you will be fine."
 
Technically, I am not due till the eleventh.
Technically, I have always gone over my due date by four-five days.
He should make it just fine.
 
He should be grateful he isn't dealing with his crazy wife in the meantime,
but I hope his children survive.
Poor things.
Pray for them. 

No comments: