Sunday, April 24, 2016

A WINDY SUNDAY DAY AT THE POND

 The girls were out in the wind today watching it ripple the pond. Their hair was knotted in the wind. I wanted to know what they were doing. As I inched my way forward, I heard them singing. I had to giggle because Sierra insists she hates singing. 

This has been a busy week, Sierra got awarded student of the month, because she was helping a little girl who just moved her and only speaks Spanish. She asked her Dad to buy her a book on how to speak Spanish and she has been trying to communicate with this little girl and make her feel welcome. She says it has been hard because she is really shy. I guess that makes her efforts all the more precious. 

Madison and I got to hang out alone on Saturday we went and bought some dinner and a movie. I wasn't in the mood for takeout, so I went to Sam's Club and bought something easy to make and then we bought a few movies at Target and came home. The girls watched the movies why I did laundry and cooked. I think the last few nights bedtime has been absolute chaos. We need to get back into a routine again.

The missionaries, Nate and I taught a second discussion to Leslie on Friday night. She felt and acknowledged that she was feeling the Spirit, testify truth to her. The missionaries said, that is really rare for a second discussion. I know she knows the things she is learning are truth. It is so awe inspiring to be apart of such a beautiful experience. 

Nate was gone all last weekend until Tuesday picking up the HVAC and a Jacuzzi Tub from California. He stopped over in Utah to go to the temple. He said that he tried to go to the Provo City Center Temple but couldn't even get in the parking lot, so he went to the Provo Temple.

My in-laws stopped in on Friday and stayed over to Saturday, so it has been a busy week. We had fun with Grandma and Grandpa and they watched a movie with the girls while Nate and I went to the discussion at Leslie's house.

I have felt so blessed all week. I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I know it true by the power of the Holy Ghost, which is in me. I feel blessed to be apart of this great work.



No comments: