Wednesday, April 6, 2016

ST. GEORGE TRIP

 My sister Michelle lives in St. George. She has six children. Emma is besties with Sierra and Madison and Tessie are besties. They wanted to go see their cousins for Spring break. We got in the car and drove the six hours to visit them. Quite plainly I was scared to death of the drive, but the drive I think was the easiest part. I was grateful. Michelle was a perfect hostess like always. It was so fun to be in her home and watch her mother. She is an incredible mother who is fiercely loyal to her children and would do anything for them. She does so much and does it all with grace. Watching her made me realize several things I want to be better at including making eye contact with my children when they need me in earnest. Also, encouraging my children to make phone calls and coordinate outside our home to accomplish their plans. I want to focus more on preparing healthier meals. I could go on and on. There were other things though that reminded me that we are all in the thick of it  like enjoying the chaos of family scripture study. I realized watching her that it is in doing it and not really doing it perfectly that is so beautiful. See the picture below.



No comments: