Monday, May 1, 2017

MY KARALEE

 I can't even look at these pictures without seeing my sister, Karalee. She is her twin. It reminds me of being young when I look into her face. It reminds me of my playmate and roommate. I often think she was meant to be hers, although I am glad she isn't. (She is the calm in our lives.) Karalee could say she is her daughter and no one would know. Like Karalee, she is sensitive, quiet, beautiful, soft spoken, independent, determined, and kind. She has a stick-to-it nature that my other kids don't. They get distracted, but she will stay till it is done.

I made her this dress. I wish I could of photographed it better. It really is so beautiful and what is even better is it makes her feel beautiful. I made up the pattern, which made it a lot more difficult to build and some of the parts in the end didn't fit together that well, but it is the first dress she has owned that fits her at the waist. I think she looked like an angel at church.



Isn't he the cutest?

No comments: