Thursday, March 22, 2018

BAKING COOKIES

 Logan slept for two four hour stretches last night and I woke up feeling amazing.
I decided to pretend I was a hired maid and only do the important thing. I told myself you don't have to pick anything up you just have to vacuum and do the dishes. I just threw all the stuff on the floor on the couches or on the beds and vacuumed everything. It made me feel so good. The boys wanted me to make cookies with them. James was upset because I told Ashton he could help too and I often tell them both that the counter is too small for them both to cook with me. He felt like he was going to be kicked out in exchange for Ashton. I told him I would do my best to make sure they both fit. By the end, they seemed to both be having a good time. They were both covered in chocolate. Notice they are both in their pajamas at 3:00 in the afternoon. We are winning some battles and loosing others but I think the important ones we are winning. 

I have felt so blessed this last week. Ashton has become fully potty trained. I felt like that battle was going to last forever. Sierra started doing more self-care this week. She has been doing her hair and make-up and taking showers... what? For a long time those things have not been important to her. I thought that battle was going to last forever too. Logan has started sleeping more, which is huge! I am going to enjoy this moment of reprieve. 

 


No comments: