Tuesday, March 27, 2018

ELEPHANT and DINOSAURS

I have felt so blessed lately. I have been begging for inspiration and guidance from the Holy Ghost to know how to mother Sierra better. The felt impressed in my mind to notice when she smiles. The other day the boys wanted piggy back rides up to bed and I noticed she was smiling. Ashton was on her back and James was on mine and we raced up the stairs to take them to bed. 

When she came home from school on Monday the thought came to me to have a piggy back with her around the garage. She won of course. Then the thought came to challenge her again for a chore. I would take something off her list like scrub the toilet or she could take something off of my list like unload the dishwasher. She agreed. We raced and she won again. I called, double or nothing. She won again. She told me she wanted me to scrub the toilet and clean off the counters and wipe them. Then she went in and peacefully did her chores and even cleaned out all the drawers in the bathroom. Then she participated in family night and held Logan. Then she did her homework. It was such a peaceful day. 

Yesterday, I thought you don't have to make such a big deal out of doing chores every day.  You sometimes take days off too. I told the girls when they got home they didn't have to clean as long as they both helped me in the kitchen after dinner. Sierra agreed and unloaded the dishwasher for me. We have had a very peaceful couple of days. 

Listening to the Spirit is a gift. It hasn't been an easy thing for me to learn but I am learning.  




No comments: