Wednesday, December 3, 2008

20 BUCKS THRIFTING IN THE BURGH


My friend Shelly did a post similar to this one and I really enjoyed it and so I stoled her idea. She is full of many fabulous ideas. Sierra loves to draw and her dad is after her all the time about wasting paper. She can waste all the paper she wants now because I picked up five packasges for 50 cents.






I picked up the teddy bear puzzle for a dollar.






I found the missing book in Sierra's Beatrice Potter collection.











I found two t-shirts for Sierra and a sweater and a turtle neck that will fit Madison next winter.







I saved the last for the best. My sisters had a tea party with my nieces over Thanksgiving holiday's. The girls were only allowed to use British accents. My mother said they laughed and laughed. I wanted to have memories like that with Sierra. We don't have any tea cups or tea pots. I found this beautiful tea pot and all of these heavy porcelain mugs. Sierra and I have been enjoying tea (water) and crumpets (marshmellows) and talking in English accents all afternoon. Now every time I talk Sierra says, "Mom, talk in that silly voice."








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great finds, I especially love the tea cups! And what wonderful memories you are creating.

Anonymous said...

Lisa, the Teddy Bear Puzzle you picked up at the thrift store for a dollar. Grandma has the exact one and she got her's in Germany