Tuesday, December 9, 2008

HEATHER's CHRISTMAS/BIRTHDAY PRESENT

I spared no expense on this gift. :) Here is the recipe. I made it again last night and took notes. This is the first recipe I have ever written and I wanted to dedicate it and name it after one of my favorite persons.... Heather.

HEATHER's HEALTHY PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS

3 cups White Wheat Flour
1 1/4 cups White Sugar
2 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Nutmeg

2 Eggs
1 (15 ounce) Can Solid Pack Pumpkin
1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
1/4 cup Oil
1 cup Chocolate Chips (or Walnuts, which are a great substitute!)
1 1/2 cup Warm Water

Mix together dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately. Then combine wet and dry ingredients. Mix enough to incorporate the wet and dry ingredients. Do not over mix. Handle as little as possible once the wet and dry ingredients are combined. Then add Chocolate Chips or Walnuts to the mixture. Coat 12 average size muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Fill till heaping with muffin batter. Bake at 350 degrees F for 22-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Don't open the oven door, except near the end of the cooking time to check for doneness, or stomp around the kitchen because the muffins can easily flunk. Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tins. Then let cool on a wire rack.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! Thanks Lisa! I can't wait to try these! :) You're awesome.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
Wow, those sound yummy. Your mom told us about your little family the other night at the famous Hair Family Christmas Party. It's fun to read your blog and see pictures of cute Madison. Love, Wendy

Anonymous said...

I made these today and they were delicious! Thanks. And they taste as good as they look in the picture. Mine didn't look as good as yours (I think I overfilled them), but they were still amazing. This is definitely a recipe worth keeping! Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you made them successfully Heather. I may write another recipe. I will keep you posted. Love ya, Lisa