Wednesday, December 3, 2008

CHRISTMAS ANGELS

This is the picture of the year. I don't know why but I really love it. I wish the ornament Sierra is holding wasn't blurred but other than that it is a perfect picture. Sierra is the worst subject to photograph so I am pretty excited every time I get a good picture.
We put up our Christmas tree for family night this week. It was quit the ordeal. I pulled into home depot and Madison started to fuss. I pulled into the back and flagged someone and told them to throw a Christmas tree into the back of the truck. They said, "Don't you want to pick it out, most people want to pick it out."I said, "I have a baby ready to start screaming. I just need a tree. I don't care which one." They loaded one up and I went to the register and paid for it. I must admit the tree is the best one we have ever had and I didn't spend an hour hunting for it. I got the girls into the apartment and loaded the tree into the elevator hauled up and set it up. I was pretty proud of myself for being so independent. (Nate is in the middle of finals week, so if I didn't do it wouldn't have gotten done.) Sierra and I had just finish putting the last of the ornaments on and she went to a friends to play and I went in to make supper. I heard a crash. I guess I shouldn't have been so proud! :) I didn't set the tree in the stand right. There were ornaments and water everywhere. My friends saved the day again. Steven, Shandra's husband, came and trimmed the tree and reset it into the stand. What would I ever do without the many angels in my life? Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can totally see you doing that at the Home Deopt, that's hilarious!!!! Sierra is so cute in these pics!

Anonymous said...

I love the Christmas tree story! You tell things so well. When is that book of yours going to be published? That pic of Sierra is cute. Who took it? Let me know when you want to get together and I can take pictures of the whole family. It will be great practice for me.
Ashley