Sunday, December 7, 2008

MADISON'S BLESSING

Madison was so good today while I put her through hours of snapping pictures. When you are as bad as me at photography you have to take a lot to get a few good ones. These were the best of the day. Madison was so beautiful today she looked like an angel. I wish our McKnight family and our Craven family could have been here to participate and celebrate but it was still a very special day.


As Nate took her to the front of the church, I reflected back on the last year since her conception and pondered on how many small miracles it took to bring us to that moment. Most of you remember the month of March when I was struggling to keep her and threatening mis-carriage every day. I asked Nate to give me a blessing, in the blessing he said, "The baby would be born healthy and I would rejoice at her birth." He was right on both accounts. I feel so blessed that Nate holds the priesthood. I wanted to stand up at church today and thank my Father-in-Heaven for my blessings. I have felt his spirit so strongly in my life the last few weeks. I am grateful for the quiet moments of motherhood when I feel his presence and realize once again how noble the calling of motherhood is and how blessed I am to be gifted with the opportunity of participating in it.



People have asked for for a complete view of the dress. I have many more angles and zooms, so if this isn't the one you want then post a comment and I will post more pictures. She was so beautiful today.











Sierra had pink eye today. I felt so bad for her. Her eyes have been bright red and weeping all sorts of puss. She really isn't feeling well. If I knew how bad it was I wouldn't have taken her to church but it slowly got worse throughout the morning. Nate brought her home right after the sacrament. I took this picture in the lobby of our building right before we got in the car and headed to the church. I really like it. I am not sure why. It is definitely a poorly taken picture and if I had a critical eye for photography I probably wouldn't like it but I really like it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures (I also love the one of Sierra. What a gorgeous coat!). I'd like to request one of sweet Madison in her bonnet. How could you forget that one?!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I didn't realize you blessed Madison today. So sorry I didn't get to visit with you about it (I wish I could have been there). She is beautiful. The dress is gorgeous! You are such a talented seamstress. I think the older she gets the more she looks like Sierra. I wish I could hold her and give her kisses. What a sweet baby.

Anonymous said...

I think both your girls looked so beautiful. poor sierra, hope she gets feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a beautiful girl! Thanks for posting these. They make it easier to live so far away!