Monday, July 5, 2010

4TH of JULY

July 4th fell on a Sunday this year. We celebrated by going to church singing patriotic songs and listening to members of the congregation bear testimony of Jesus Christ and how he inspired men and women to build up this free nation. They also bore testimony of the sacrifice that has gone into preserving this nation. We all left feeling awed by how blessed we are. I asked my Dad what more can I do for my country. My father replied, "Be good. Raise a good family."
We were going to do fireworks on Monday to celebrate but Nate wanted to get in on the action. He works on Monday. He convinced the boys to build a few bombs.

My brother slowed the footage down on this film so it reminds me of a horror films with whales calling in the background but I thought it was pretty hilarious. Nate sent the other guys out to lite of the bombs saying, "At this point I can't risk injuring my hands." (And they don't need their hands... hmmm.)
Madison's favorite person Derrick. We broke some glow braclets left over from our journey. (Notice MJ's arms.) The girls loved them. Sierra spent all night playing with them.
Dad hooked the porch swing to the swing set chains. Everyone piled on. Ingenious.

1 comment:

Caroline Craven said...

Great advise from you dad - it's the only way to save the nation. But it looks like that much thinking truly taxed him too much! lol. By the way, aren't those bottle rockets illegal???