Saturday, July 3, 2010

MOTHERHOOD

Oh, what a gift to be a mother. I love my two beautiful children and feel so blessed to have them. Tonight, Sierra and I cuddled under a blanket, on the swing in my parents backyard, as we watches the sunset and the rest of family play volleyball. We cheered on Daddy as he served, and spiked the ball. We sang our favorite songs at a whisper in each others ears. She wanted me to carry her up to bed like I was carrying a sleeping child. I tucked her in. She said she was scared of monsters. I said not to be, mothers have magical powers and I can see in the dark and there are no monsters in this room. She said, "Can I have some of your power?" I said, "Yes, you can. When you become a mom."

1 comment:

Caroline Craven said...

That is so sweet. I used to tell my kids that Heavenly Father blesses moms with an extra portion of the Holy Ghost so we knew if our kids were in trouble or doing something they shouldn't be doing. I don't know if that ever kept them from doing stupid things or not, but it did garner the truth out of them on a few ocassions.