Saturday, July 31, 2010

DINOSAUR HILL

Darci came by and asked me if I wanted to run Dinosaur Hill. Tuesday at 6:00am I went. The trail runs along the base and is extremely hilly. Then it heads straight up the hill. The hilly part was easy and fun and I kept up and thought to myself, they were saying this is intense. Then the path headed straight up and they lost me. It was still an extremely beautiful jog/hike. The sun was rising over the red rock canyon walls and there was a nice desert breeze in the morning.
I noticed some bones to the left as I was jogging. I mentioned it to Sierra. She got excited and wanted to go and see Dinasaur hill. I think she pictured it being like the Carnegie Museum, filled with Dinosaur bones that you could look at and hike around. Needless to say there are no real bones, they have long been exported to some museum. Although, the city put up three replicated vertebra made from cement.
She was a pretty disappointed.

No comments: