Wednesday, July 28, 2010

POTTY TIME

Ewww. Can't you hear her saying it? She hates having a soild diaper. The minute it has even a drop of anything in it she runs plops herself infront of me and says, "Mom, yuck." I have been running through diapers like crazy. I know she has been ready to potty train, but I haven't been. Now we are settled, I have to be ready.
We have spent so much time in the bathroom lately. We have put together puzzles, played with noisy toys, read books, put together legos, and painted toe nails and finger nails. We have had a few successes and a lot of failures. We will get there.
I am a dive in and fight through kind of mother, when it comes to potty training. We go staight to underwear during the day. No pull ups for me. Do you know how expensive those things are? Underwear is cheap. Sadly, I still don't have a washer and dryer. I will soon, but for now they are washed in the tub and dried in the sun. I know only a mother. Luckily, she got pooping in the pot down right away.
This potty thing is truly bonding, despite how much work it is and how crazy it is. It certainly tests your resolve for patience and love. You get to spend a lot of time together. So, here is to that. We have a few more long days a head MJ, we will make it. You will get this potty thing down. Everyone does, eventually.

No comments: